3rd FREE World Delirium Awareness Day Event
All booking fees included.
Standard (free of charge incl. lunch)FREE
This event is in support of the delirium project that is part of the Dementia United (DU) Programme. DU is the Greater Manchester Dementia Strategy that supports joined up working across the region.
Those living with dementia are more susceptible to delirium and for delirium being confused with their existing dementia. Our colleagues at Health Innovation Manchester (HInM) are initially supporting Bolton and Wythenshawe hospital teams to implement the successful Salford Royal electronic delirium assessment and management tool. Meanwhile, DU are hoping to pilot something similar in a community-based team. Both projects working together will aim to improve delirium detection and management regardless of where the person is.
- Raise awareness of what delirium is and why it is important
- Learn about measures we can all take to prevent delirium
- Appreciate delirium is everyone’s responsibility requiring joint working
- Introduction the DU community delirium guide and provide an opportunity to express interest in being involved in a supported pilot
- Launch of Greater Manchester Delirium leaflet
- Update from HInM regarding identifying and managing delirium in the hospital setting
- Shared learning of good practice
- Audience contribution about how this applies to their everyday work
Greater Manchester health and care professionals working in the community with those more susceptible to delirium e.g. those with dementia or cognitive impairment, in long term care, who are immobile, who have a sensory impairment, who are over 65, who have multiple medical conditions.
Including Greater Manchester community teams who feel they may be well placed to detect and manage delirium in the community (referring onto hospital when necessary) to pilot the DU community delirium tool.
Downloads110320 Event Programme V1 Online
Questions about this event?
Name: Michelle Davies
Telephone: 07710 152805General FAQs