An overview of demand and capacity planning
Update: We are finalising details for additional sessions later in the year. Please select the "Update me about sessions later in 2023" ticket if you'd like further information, once this is available.
This session, which will not be recorded, will provide an overview of demand and capacity (D&C) modelling, and how you can use this to support service planning. We will be covering:
- Background of D&C, and how this can be useful
- Overview of the principles of modelling
- Broad overview of technical principles, such as percentiles and waiting list sizes, their relevance and application in D&C modelling
- An overview of the models developed by the Demand and Capacity team, and their application
You can join us on Tuesday 13th June 2023 1.30pm - 4.00pm. Joining instructions will be sent closer to the time.
Our intention is to equip you with the knowledge required to embark on, or further your D&C journey in your own services. No prior knowledge of D&C is needed, or expected.
The session is aimed at NHS colleagues involved in supporting service planning, including:
- Operational service managers
- Information / performance analysts
- Colleagues involved in service improvement and project management
The above is not an exhaustive list, and we welcome anyone with an interest in demand and capacity planning to join us in either January or February.
Questions about this event?
Name: Demand and Capacity team