Basic Legal Training for Children & Young People with Complex Needs
All booking fees included.
Basic Legal Training for Children & Young People with Complex NeedsFREE
A 5 hour session which provides a basic grounding in Learning Disability Rights which will include key messages from the following 'directives' and statute, and how they work together in outlining the fundamental rights and freedoms of people with a 'disability':
- The European Convention on the Rights of the Child
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- The Disability Act 2010
- The Human Rights Act 1998
The legal framework around children and young people has several elements that impact young people with learning disability and those who are autistic, which will be identified and explored in this session and include:
- The Children Act 1989 (and updates)
- The Children and Families Act 2014
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005 (and updates)
- The Mental Health Act 1989 (and updates)
Through a combination of taught information, case studies and discussion, participants can explore and understand some of the challenges and opportunities faced by young people and their families in navigating a complex health care system.
Target Group: Anyone who works with children and young people with a learning disability or who are autistic.
Questions about this event?
Name: Emma Hallas
Telephone: 07730381896General FAQs