Building a Digital Region - West Midlands Event
All booking fees included.
Ticket sales have finished for this event.
This event is for senior digital leaders within the West Midlands to help establish the Local Health and Care Record (LHCR) for the region. The event will focus on leadership, strategy and collaboration across STP’s in the West Midland’s region.
In January 2019, the NHS Long Term Plan was published, and referred to the following key changes:
- We will boost ‘out-of-hospital’ care
- We will redesign and reduce pressure on emergency hospital services
- People will get more control over their own health, and more personalised care
- Digitally-enabled primary and outpatient care will go mainstream across the NHS
- We will increasingly focus on population health through new Integrated Care Systems (ICSs)
Local Health and Care Records are referred to throughout the Long Term Plan (using various descriptors), with the following specific commitments identified:
- Protect patients privacy and give them control over their record
- Patients’ Personal Health Records will hold a care plan that incorporates information added by the patient themselves or their authorised carer
- Ensure LHCR platforms provide open and free APIs for developers to create new solutions
- Care plans and Summary Care Record (SCR) will move to the individual’s LHCR over the next 5 years
- By 2024 LHCRs will cover the whole country
The event will help to support the commitments within the Long Term Plan.
Questions about this event?
Name: Hema Kotak
Telephone: 07730381674General FAQs