Fundamentals of safer staffing in Mental Health Inpatients
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL - PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR OUR NEXT SESSION IN SPRING 2022
This MS TEAMS event is 2 half-day sessions: Day 1: Tuesday 7 December 13.20-17.00 AND Day 2: Wednesday 15 December 12.50-17.00
We strongly advise that delegates attend both sessions in order to get a full overview of safer staffing and the support available.
These 2 half-day virtual sessions give you the opportunity to:
- Explore national safer staffing policies and context in relation to Mental Health services.
- Understand the journey and components of MHOST
- Understand the principles of MHOST safer staffing software.
- Increase knowledge of patient dependency/acuity classification, including: (i) census vs. throughput; (ii) enhanced observation patients. FAQs, leave patients, enhanced observations and escorts
- Understand why it is essential to ensure that safer staffing tools are consistently and accurately applied.
- Understand the essential requirements for board reporting, governance and assurance
- Get to grips with: (i) headroom (ii) ready-for-action time; (iv) small-ward phenomenon; and (v) skill mix (including nursing associates).
- Understand Professional judgement – considering ward environment, stand alone units, workflow , small wards and possible mandated staffing levels (MOJ/CCG)
- Explore the connection between MHOST, e-rostering systems and MHOST licensing conditions.
- See how safer staffing tools address care hours per patient day (CHPPD).
- Developing escalation processes
Questions about this event?
Name: Toni Meyers
Telephone: 00000000000General FAQs