Diabetes Technical Workshop
All booking fees included.
Diabetes Technical WorkshopFREE
The Diabetes Technology Network and the East of England Diabetes Clinical Network, in partnership, have arranged a workshop to be held on Thursday 12th September 2019 at Newmarket Racecourse, Rowley Mile, Newmarket, CB8 0TF. This workshop will provide an opportunity to support all diabetes teams in the East of England to come together and plan for the future.
The diabetes technology landscape is evolving rapidly. There have been recent changes to guidelines both nationally and regionally. As a region it is essential that we have a cohesive approach to ensure equity of access to this new technology across the East of England and work to support this nationally.
The programme for the day will deliver the following:
- an overview of existing and emerging technology;
- share best practice;
- provide insights from commissioning teams of recent changes to guidelines and eligibility criteria;
- case studies to be used to illustrate the application of this technology
The afternoon will provide protected time away from the clinical setting for specific table top exercises. We will use these to reflect on and analyse the challenges, gaps, strengths and opportunities within your own local systems and more widely in the East of England.
The ambition is to use the outputs of these table top exercises to develop a 3-year plan for service development, including training needs, mutual support and business cases that maybe required. In addition, there will be extensive opportunities to network.
As you can see this is an exciting and highly ambitious initiative. Please share this widely with colleagues with whom you think might be interested.
09:00 Welcome and Introduction (Liz Bennett / Sara Hartnell)
09:05 Technology review (Dr Mark Evans)
- The here and now and the horizon
09:45 East of England Guideline Review (Kelly Broad CPFT Medicines Management)
- Discussion regarding fair implementation particularly around occupation and psychosocial criteria and ongoing funding review
Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Review of new regional policy and upcoming national pregnancy policy
Type 1 Diabetes Technology consensus
- Does it all link up?
Case based discussions focusing on the new technology (Sarah Donald Diabetes Educator)
10:15 Case Study 1
10:30 Case Study 2
10:45 Tea / coffee
11:15 Case Study 3
12:00 Facilitated service review 1 (table top exercise)
- Opportunity to sit with your team and review current standing, what needs to be developed to accommodate patients fairly accessing the new technology available to them. The aim of the time being to identify strengths and weaknesses, areas for service development in individual trusts with thoughts about if and how you could support others or what support you would like from others.
14:00 Facilitated service review 2 (table top exercise)
Initially split in to regional sub-areas and then looking at the region as a whole.
- Opportunity to share best practice
- Feeding back and discussing as a group focusing on the region as a whole
- How we can work together and support each other with potential for hub and spoke delivery, regional training, bigger centres supporting smaller ones etc
15:15 Tea / coffee
15:45 Conclusions and next steps (table top exercise)
- Draw discussions together and summarise and prioritise next steps
16:15 Feedback and summary of the day (Liz Bennett / Sara Hartnell)
DownloadsRowley Mile Conference Centre MapRowley Mile Conference Centre MapRowley Mile Conference Centre Map
Questions about this event?
Name: Kristine Mclaughlin
Telephone: 0113 825 3669General FAQs