GMHSCP ¦ Acceleration for ACS
All booking fees included.
Ticket sales have finished for this event.
Please note any bookings made from Sunday 5 November cannot accommodate any special dietary requirements you note due to venue lead time to accommodate such requests
Acute coronary syndromes continue to carry significant morbidity and mortality across the UK, including Greater Manchester. Despite a well-established inter-hospital transfer system for NSTEMI patients, there is still wide variation in timely access to angiography.
This meeting will bring together key stakeholders including medical and non-medical specialists, operational managers in NHS Trusts and healthcare commissioners.
- Review the evidence of the importance of access to angiography within 24 hours for NSTEMI patients
- Review data on current practice across the UK
- Look at established models of good practice nationally and internationally through presentations from experts
- Discuss progress in Greater Manchester of our pilot program for introducing 24-hour access to angiography
- Demonstrate the benefits of this approach in terms of patient experience, hospital length of stay and savings to the health economy
The day will be of particular interest to:
- CATS Coordinators
- CATS Teams
- Chest Pain Nurses
- Emergency Department Clinical Leads
- Medical Directors
- Operations Managers
- Urgent Care/CVD Commissioners
AstraZeneca has provided arms-length sponsorship of this meeting, in the form of a donation towards the venue costs and a speaker, through the Cardiovascular Partnership Programme, a Medical Education Goods and Service