GMHSCP ¦ Working with the Faith Sector Health Conference
All booking fees included.
Ticket sales have finished for this event.
Please note any bookings made from Friday 3 November cannot accommodate any special dietary requirements you note due to venue lead time to accommodate such requests
Following on from the Faith in Mental Health and Voluntary Sector Conference last year, a great deal of work has been done to inspire collaborative working between GMHSCP and the faith sector in Greater Manchester. This conference will provide an opportunity for faith organisations and health and social care partnership professionals to engage with each other and discuss an emerging Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between these sectors. The conference will also provide an opportunity for patients, carers and faith organisations to share experiences, knowledge and expertise that will influence the MoU.
The conference will be chaired by Warren Heppolette, Executive Lead, Strategy & System Development, GMHSCP. Jon Rouse, Chief Officer, GMHSCP will offer personal and professional perspectives about how faith can promote health and wellbeing. There will be religious leaders from a range of faiths in attendance and shaping this collaborative venture.
The aim of the conference will be to bring together faith groups with GMHSCP to:
- Take forward on-going discussion about how faith communities can partner GMHSCP to foster health and wellbeing.
- To inform the emerging MoU between the faith sector and GMHSCP.
- Participants will hear the voices of patients, carers and faith groups.
- Learning of good practice shared through open table discussions and networking.
- An understanding of future challenges and opportunities to deliver health outcomes for Greater Manchester residents.
- Participants will be updated on how the Greater Manchester plan for improving health and social care, Taking Charge is being implemented and progressed.
- Progression on the development of the MoU.
- Faith leaders from across Greater Manchester
- Patients, carers and members of public
- GMHSCP members and partners (Police, NHS, Local Authorities)
- Commissioners and providers of health and social care services in Greater Manchester