Greater Manchester GP Excellence Programme ¦ 'Complaints Event’
All booking fees included.
Standard (free of charge with lunch incl.) Fully BookedFREE
Greater Manchester GP Excellence Programme are hosting a ‘Complaints event’ with the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) and Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership (GMHSCP) Complaints Team
We recognise that complaints can be very daunting and anxiety provoking for many GP practices, however complaints can also be a positive learning experience for doctors and help improve patient care locally and on a national level. Therefore GM GP Excellence Programme in conjunction with PHSO and GMHSCP Complaints team have developed a workshop to engage with GP practices to help them better understand complaints systems and how potentially they can be avoided. The session will be delivered in an interactive way and in a workshop style (small groups), using ‘real’ complaints and ‘case studies’.
The event will give delegates a clear understanding of:
- What makes a good complaints policy
- What makes a good investigation and complaints response
- Dealing with difficult and unreasonably persistent complainants
- PHSO processes and how they handle complaints.
- Human factors in errors/patient safety (delivered by AQUA)
- Psychological response to complaints and how to minimise the impact of clinician/staff mental well-being
Delegates: This session is aimed at GPs, PMs and anyone in a practice whose role includes dealing with complaints.
Questions about this event?
Name: Gp Excellence Programme
Telephone: 0113 825 5347General FAQs