IAPT - Senior PWP Network Launch
All booking fees included.
Expanding and developing IAPT services is a key element to meeting the aims set out in the Five Year Forward View for Mental Health. This states that access to evidence based psychological therapies should reach 25% of need so that at least 1.5 million adults with anxiety and depression can access care by 2020/2021.
It is therefore essential that the workforce can continue to expand and develop to meet these aims. Yet there are increasing reports of difficulties in both the recruitment and retention of Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner staff. It is not just a question of numbers though, the resilience and wellbeing of staff is also critical.
The WM Clinical Network is hosting the SPWP Network launch event with national and regional speakers who are currently working on how to address these issues and share learning with teams across the region.
Purpose of the event:
· To provide launch the Senior PWP Network and provide a supportive forum for SPWPs across the West Midlands
· To identify key challenges in the recruitment and retention of IAPT staff, particularly Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners
· To highlight work on-going nationally and regionally to help overcome these
· To consider how to incorporate resilience and wellbeing into PWPs roles to support individuals
· To share ideas and learning to support teams to deliver the best possible care to meet the 2020/21 standards
Who should attend?
Senior PWPs, PWPs with supervisory responsibilities and any PWP representatives nominated by their service.