Introduction to Demand and Capacity Modelling – Open Online Course
All booking fees included.
Ticket sales have finished for this event.
This open online course is available to colleagues working in the NHS. Please use your NHS e-mail address when registering for this course.
This introductory course focuses on modelling planned care services, for acute, community and mental health services.
This course is made up of 7 modules that cover the principles underpinning demand and capacity modelling for planned care services. Each module will comprise a one-hour webinar and self-study where you will work on your own demand and capacity project.
Participants are expected to apply their learning and undertake a demand and capacity analysis for a service, as a project alongside this training course.
Participants will be trained in:
- The importance of demand and capacity modelling and benefits
- What kind of models to use
- The principles of measuring demand and capacity
- The importance of an ideal waiting list size and how to calculate this
- Forecasts predicated from modelling
- How to structure the work to populate a model
- How to sense check a completed model
Each module will cover a different stage of the demand and capacity journey and will bring you closer to completing your project. We anticipate that you will need to invest approximately two hours each week into your project as well as the one-hour webinar but the more time you invest the more you will get from the course.
Additional support is available via our virtual learning environment on FutureNHS and individual mentoring sessions (if needed).
Participants will benefit from networking with others who are also in the same journey and with members of the D&C Team.
Each webinar will be 1 hour long and start at 10am
- Starting your D&C journey - 23 September 2020
- Introduction to D&C Modelling - 30 September 2020
- D&C Principles (1/2) - 7 October 2020
- D&C Principles (2/2) - 14 October 2020
- D&C Modelling (Preps) - 21 October 2020
- D&C Modelling and outputs - 4 November 2020
- D&C Modelling in the context of COVID - 11 November 2020
Participants are expected to complete all modules. Webinars will be recorded and make available to course participants online, enabling participants to go through the materials and activities at the times that fit them better.
Questions about this event?
Name: Demand & Capacity Team
Telephone: ...N/A...General FAQs