Involving people & communities to advance equality & reduce health inequalities - Leadership
Involving people and communities to advance equality and reduce health inequalities – Leadership
How do we build and adopt a culture which embraces working with people and communities in order to advance equality and reduce health inequalities?
Come and join us for an exploratory discussion about the impact of genuine participation of people and communities on improving health outcomes and access to health services and your role in leading and enabling this. We’re hosting a number of discussions during January for regional and national teams so please join in the session which is most relevant for you.
The session has been developed in direct response to recommendations from NIRB (National Incident Response Board) and all ESMs and Band 9 senior managers are expected to attend.
The discussion will cover:
- Your leadership role in tackling health inequalities and engaging with people and communities.
- Legal duties, including the Public Sector Equality Duty, health inequalities and public participation.
- The direct relationship between involving people and communities and reducing health inequalities.
- The impact of genuine participation of people and communities on improving health outcomes and access to health services.
- How to access a range of tools, resources and support that will improve your engagement approaches.
Please note: This is a workshop for NHS England and NHS Improvement staff only. Please register using your official NHS email address to help us to confirm your place. Joining instructions will be sent to you a few days before the workshop.
Questions about this event?
Name: Engagement Team
Telephone: 00000000General FAQs