Learn & Share event 2017
All booking fees included.
Ticket sales have finished for this event.
If you require assistance with booking please contact Taz Islam:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01138 253206
FREE event for members of cancer support groups, patients and volunteers with cancer services.
Interactive and entertaining learning and sharing sessions including:
- Find out more about the East of England Cancer Alliance
- How Macmillan can help your support group or volunteer work
- Understand cancer research
- Learn to live well following a cancer diagnosis
- Emotional recovery after cancer
***Upon registering for a ticket , please ensure you only pick two workshops to attend***
Details of workshops are as follows:
Emotional Recovery after Cancer
A workshop to explore personal wellbeing following cancer diagnosis and treatment.
This workshop, with qualified counsellor Pam Evans, will consider how we can support our own emotional and psychological wellbeing. This workshop recognises that our emotional health is as important as our physical health. Pam will give you tips on regaining and maintaining your emotional wellbeing.
The workshop will include:
- How we react to stress
- Managing stress
- Learning how to respond thoughtfully rather than react
- Getting in touch with our senses and the world around us
- Tips for sleeping well
How Macmillan can help your support group or volunteer work
A workshop with Macmillan Engagement Leads Sarah Macleay and Carmen Brown to find out about the latest support and information available from Macmillan for support groups and cancer services involvement (PPI/PPG) groups, including:
- Online communities and a national phone support line
- Information booklets, reports and campaign material
- Small grants for new groups and larger grants for developing groups
- Facebook publicity for your group and publicity on macmillan.org.uk
- E-learning online and face-to-face workshops across the region
- 121 advice from a Macmillan Engagement Lead
- Opportunities to network with other groups
- Local opportunities to improve services up to national involvement
- Opportunity to feedback on what else would be useful
Healthy living for patients and carers
This workshop will inspire you to live a healthier, happier life following a diagnosis of cancer. Suitable for patients and carers, it will look at healthier lifestyles including smoking cessation, weight control, enjoyable exercise and the all-important healthy diet. Find out what services are available to you and your support group, and how to make a healthy lifestyle part of your normal daily routine.
Using your experiences in Cancer research
Macmillan’s research has revealed how the story of cancer is changing. Their research publications have helped to inform and steer long-term academic research and evaluate patient reaction and experience. Macmillan research is patient-centred and these workshops give them the opportunity to engage directly with local communities. You will have the chance to have your say about topics for future investigation and discuss how patients may best be involved in future research.
Disclaimer: We reserve the right to allocate workshops on a first-come, first-served basis and will only take pre-registered delegates