Legal Basics: Complex Young People
All booking fees included.
Legal Basics: Complex Young PeopleFREE
The Transforming Care Programme is focussed on supporting people with Learning Disabilities, or who are autistic.
This four-hour session provides a basic grounding in Learning Disability Rights which will include key messages from the following ‘directives’ and statute, and how they work together in outlining the fundamental rights and freedoms of people with a ‘disability’:
- The European Convention on the Rights of the Child
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- The Disability Act 2010
- The Human Rights Act 1998
The legal frame work around children and young people has several elements that impact young people with learning disability and those who are autistic. This includes:
- The Children Act 1989 (and updates)
- The Children & Families Act 2014
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005 (& updates)
- The Mental Health Act 1989 (& updates)
Target Group: Anyone who works with children and young people with a learning disability, or who are autistic.
Requirements: None. It’s a basic level course - but it is not currently ‘accessible’
Questions about this event?
Name: Siobhan Gorry
Telephone: 07783923124General FAQs