Link worker workshop No.2 STP South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw
All booking fees included.
NHS England has committed to making social prescribing link workers available to people in every GP practice across England, and to increasing the number of link workers in primary care over the next five years. With the recruitment of Primary Care Network (PCN) link workers well underway, NHS England is keen to ensure that new link workers feel supported and connected within their roles. We are therefore offering a series of local events to help bring together new and existing social prescribing link workers to help develop and build peer support networks.
This is the second link worker peer learning workshop for your STP/ICS area. The workshop will focus on developing a peer learning network in your area and provides opportunities for link workers to connect and share personal experiences and social prescribing stories. Come and listen to others and share your ideas and help develop the social prescribing link worker peer learning networks across your STP/ICS area. The workshop will be informal and highly participative. We will take an action learning approach to enable the discussion of the participants important issues. We hope you can join us.
The agenda will include:
- Getting to know other link workers.
- What is a link worker and what do they do? This will include stories from a link worker champion & good practice models
- What support do link workers need?
- What next? What are our priorities and themes for future meetings
Who should attend?
This is a free event aimed primarily at new PCN Social Prescribing Link Workers, however all link workers involved in delivering social prescribing are eligible to register.
Please note the event is only available to social prescribing link workers.
What will you gain from attending?
- You will meet other link workers to share good practice, generate new ideas and start to develop key relationships and support networks
- You will be able to hear about regional and national developments and the future for social prescribing
- Contribute to the development of a peer learning network for your area
- Hear from link worker champions about their experiences and good practice
- Experiencing action learning approaches
- Learn how social prescribing fits in with the wider personalised care model
- Participation in developing training and development plans
- Participate in interactive and engaging workshops that will help develop your approach to planning and delivering social prescribing
We hope you can join us!
Please note, attendance at this event is subject to successful registration only. Please avoid attending this event if you have been unsuccessful in your registration as you may not be permitted entry on the day.
Please let us know on registration if you would like to join the East of England Social Prescribing network. This will help us to communicate key information and provide updates on future developments. If you do not wish to be part of this mailing list, please ensure that you un-click the checkbox.
Please let us know if you would like to share your details with other delegates.
If you register for this event and are unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that the place can be released for someone else
Questions about this event?
Name: Lauren Baichoo-hoskins
Telephone: 07810025946General FAQs