Media Relations Best Practice
20 July 2023 1:00pm – 2:00pmBST (+01:00)
These NHS Comms Bitesize sessions are for NHS professional communicators only. Please use your NHS email address when registering.
Once you have reserved a place you will receive the Teams meeting invite on the morning of the session.
Bitesize session: Title: Media Relations Best Practice
This session will be presented by the Deputy Director of External Affairs and Media for NHS England Nick McDermott and some of his team
What you’ll learn on this session:
- Introduction – what is media relations
- Planning and implementing successful media strategies
- Press office and engaging with journalists
- Press releases and selling in a story
- Crisis Management
- Sourcing and building effective case studies
- Media training
- Evaluation – how do you know if your work is effective
Questions about this event?
Name: Alison Brown