NHS Flex for the Future programme
Ticket sales finished: 20 August 2021 11:59pm
NHS Flex for the Future Programme
In Partnership with Timewise
NHSE &I and Timewise are delighted to announce their partnership on a brand new programme to help NHS organisations better embrace flexible working.
We know that flexible working is going to be a key enabler to attracting and retaining talent; it allows our people to balance commitments and interests outside work, supports their health and wellbeing and leads to a more positive experience of work and the workplace. We also know that it can be challenging to support different requests fairly and consistently in a 24-7 service environment. Our aim with this programme is to draw on the collective knowledge and experience of NHSE&I and Timewise to provide NHS organisations with a step-by-step programme to create their own local plan to deliver more flexible working opportunities in all roles, meeting the People Plan commitments.
The NHS Flex for the Future programme follows these key steps:
Kick off – flex fundamentals: why it matters, what it means in a shift based environment, ways to offer flexible working, where to start
Where you are now? – helping you look at the data you already have available around current uptake / barriers in your organisation, and capturing your baseline
Forming your action plan: drawing on our experience of what works to drive change, we will help you identify and develop your own action plan, making sure you are addressing the key priorities in your organisation
Developing flex expertise: we will ensure you have a greater level of understanding of flexible job design, which can help you find the solutions that work for a range of roles
Embedding change: we’ll make sure you have a plan which works and help you gain the support of your leadership team, with personalised advice from our flex experts to give your plan every chance to succeed.
Throughout the programme you will be supported through:
- Monthly virtual workshops, run by Timewise, guiding you step by step through the programme
- Worksheets, examples and case studies to learn from
- Slide templates which you can use to share the project internally in your organisation
- Peer learning through discussion and Q&A at each virtual workshop
- A drop-in clinic to enable you to pick up any particular issues, test out ideas or seek clarification.
By being part of this learning programme, at the end of the six months you will have:
- A deeper level of flexible working knowledge and expertise
- An understanding of and practical ideas for gaining the support of key stakeholders in your organisation for flexible working
- A peer network to draw on with sharing of good practice and examples
- Your own tailored action plan to take forward meaning that you can continue positively on your flexible working journey as an organisation.
- Organisational Data to allow you to make the case for change, to engage your Executive, creating senior buy-in to your action plan
Programme participation is capped at 100 NHS organisations, with priority being given to Retention sites. The closing date to sign up is Friday 20th August 23:59pm, with confirmation of places notified by 6th September. One application should be submitted per Change Team, per organisation.
The eligibility criteria to take part is for each organisation:
- To convene a Flexible Working Change Team, of at least 5 people. You can have a larger change team but currently can only sign up for 5 webinar places in total per organisation until further notice. The team should consist of a variety of members ideally including some line managers and clinicians.
- For as many of the Change Team to attend all webinars, ideally live (they will be also available as recordings)
- For the team to commit to undertake the work needed for each module, between each module
- For the team to collect baseline workforce data and measure progress, submitting outcome data to the central team to help measure the success of the programme
- For team members to complete evaluation data, including surveys between modules
- For a Senior Responsible Officer at Executive level to agree that their organisation will take part, to champion the project at and Executive level and to be engaged with the change team at regular points throughout the programme
We would invite you to save the following dates in your diary subject to your organisation securing a place on the programme:
- Module One: Thursday 30th September (9.30-11am)
- Module Two: 19th October (9.30-11:30am)
- Module Three; 23rd November (9.30-11:30am)
- Module Four: 15th December (9.30-11:30am)
- Module Five: 25th January (9.30-11:30am)
- Module Six: 3rd March (9.30-11:30am)
Click on the video below to hear directly from Jane Galloway, Head of Flexible Working at NHSEI and Amy Butterworth, Principle Consultant at Timewise about the programme and how you can register:
How we will use your data:
- NHS England are data controller for the purposes of collecting your personal data to facilitate your enrolment on the flexible working course. Your data will be disclosed to Timeline Solution Ltd for the purposes of Timewise Solutions managing the training course. Once disclosed to Timewise Solutions they will become data controller of your data for that purpose.
- The Data protection Officer for NHS England can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, and all data subjects rights requests can be made to the DPO.
- The legal basis for NHS England processing your personal data falls under Article 6, 1(e) of the General Data protection Regulation via the Health and Social Care Act 2012, Part 1, Section 23, ‘Duty as to promoting education and training’.
- The data will be stored for a period in line with NHS England’s Corporate Records Retention Policy.
Questions about this event?
Name: Claudette Williams
Telephone: 07815 854 922General FAQs