North East, Yorkshire and Humber Social Prescribing Conference
All booking fees included.
Ticket sales have finished for this event.
This is a free conference for anyone wants to be involved in shaping the future of Social Prescribing.
Following the successful Yorkshire, Humber and North East Regional Social Prescribing Network Conference held last July there has been a growing movement across the region to position social prescribing as a cornerstone for creating good health and wellbeing.
This event will build on this work by bringing together people from health, local government and voluntary, community and social enterprise sectors to continue the conversation, explore the benefits of social prescribing and plan how to spread social prescribing everywhere.
Who should attend?
The event will be of interest to clinical commissioning groups, public health, voluntary organisations, local authorities, general practitioners, academics, community groups and community organisers.
Why should you attend?
This event will be participative and workshops will help to build the case for social prescribing. The day will provide opportunities to learn about the latest national and local evidence of impact, consider the spectrum of models available and think together about how we can mainstream social prescribing in a sustainable way.
What will you gain from attending?
- Enhanced understanding and knowledge of what social prescribing is, different models of social prescribing and how they work.
- Able to contribute to the development of the Yorkshire, Humber and North East Regional Social Prescribing Network
- Share good practice and generate new ideas.
- Hear about different methods of measuring impact and project evaluation
- Gather the latest national and regional evidence
- Identify steps needed to set up a social prescribing scheme, including the role of coordinators and operational issues.
- Understand how to commission and fund social prescribing projects in the context of diminishing financial resources
There will be two opportunities to attend workshops at this event.
Workshop 1 choice:
- Strategies that are fit for the future - how do we enable social prescribing to flourish in a tough economic climate? How do we build in sustainability and move from pilots to scale?
- Harnessing creativity and social prescribing to transform support for people with mental health needs – learning from creative practice in mental health settings
- Enabling all GPs to refer to social prescribing across the South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Accountable Care System – what can we learn from this innovative approach?
Workshop 2 choice:
- Building Health Partnerships in the North East - hear about the experience of collaboration across the Sustainability & Transformation Partnership and what we are learning about 'making it stick'
- Support and learning for link workers – what should a learning programme for link workers look like?
- Illuminating our impact - what are we measuring/evaluating? What needs to happen to enhance impact? What are we learning from evaluations so far?
If you register for this event and are unable to attend please email email@example.com as soon as possible so that the place can be released for someone else.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 0113 824 9398