North West Social Prescribing Network
All booking fees included.
Ticket sales have finished for this event.
This is a free conference for anyone who wants to be involved in shaping the future of social prescribing.
Following a sequence of successful conferences and events across the North West, there is a growing movement across the region to position social prescribing as a cornerstone for creating good health and wellbeing.
This event will build this work by bringing together people from health, local government and voluntary, community and social enterprise sectors to continue the conversation, explore the benefits of social prescribing and plan how to spread social prescribing.
Who should attend?
The event will be of interest to clinical commissioning groups, public health, voluntary and community organisations, local authorities, general practitioners, academics, community groups, community organisers and other key stakeholders.
Why should you attend?
The event and workshops will be participative and will help build the case for social prescribing by sharing emerging best practice and learning.
The day will provide opportunities to learn about the latest national and local impact evidence, consider ways that we can mainstream social prescribing in a sustainable way, as well as hearing about NHS England's work to help embed social prescribing into daily practice.
What will you gain from attending?
- Enhanced understaning and knowledge of social prescribing
- You will be able to contribute to the development of the North West regional social prescribing network
- Share good practice and generate new ideas
- Hear about different methods of measuring impact and project evaluation
- Gather the latest national and regional evidence
- Identify steps needed to set up a social prescribing scheme, including the role of coordinators and operational issues
- Understand how to commission and fund social prescrbing projects in the context of diminishing financial resoureces
There will be opportunities to participate in 2 interactive workshops at this event to share experiences and learn with others. The workshop themes will be:
- Hollistic approcahes to socal prescribing in Pennine Lancashire
- STP approaches to arts and social presribing/creative health working
- GPs working with VCSE - Alvanley Family Practice and Starting Point service
- Holistic approached to social prescribing - developing the Bolton model
- Lancashire STP, dental and SP, ACES
- Commissionig a VCSE social prescribing programme
North West Regional Social Prescribing Network
Please let us know on registration if you would like to join the North West Social Prescribing Network. This will help us to communicate key information and provide updates on fuure developments. If you wish to be part of this mailing list please ensure that you click the checkbox.
You can also sign up to the network at any point by emailing email@example.com.
Please note you can unsubscribe from the North West Regional Social Prescribing Network at any point.
Sharing details with other delegates
If you are happy for your contact details to be shared with other delegates after the event please ensure you check this box on registration. You can opt out of sharing your contact details at any point by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you register for this event and are unable to attend please email email@example.com as soon as possible so the place can be released for someone else.
Questions about this event?
Name: Phoebe Jones
Telephone: 07730 379 982General FAQs