Perinatal Mental Health – What do I need to know? Urgent Care and General Adult Mental Health
All booking fees included.
Ticket sales have finished for this event.
Our objectives are that delegates leave the conference with the ability to recognise serious mental illness and emergencies in perinatal mental health and develop awareness of:
- features and risks of serious mental illness additional to other adult mental illness presentations;
- actions that need to be taken to ensure the woman and child receive timely and appropriate care;
- actions to be taken to safeguard the wellbeing of the infant; and
- assessment and management of psychiatric emergencies in the perinatal period.
Speakers will include but are not limited to:
- Dr Angelika Wieck, Perinatal Mental Health Clinical Lead at the Strategic Clinical Network Greater Manchester and Eastern Cheshire and Consultant in Perinatal Psychiatry
- Dr Margaret Oates OBE – the following film pays tribute to the outstanding work Dr Oates created for her RCPsych Lifetime Achievement Award 2013
There will be facilitated table top discussions between short presentations to allow delegates the opportunity to apply knowledge to clinical scenarios and benefit from interdisciplinary experience.
For further information, please contact: Michelle Davies
Tel: 0113 824 8399 / 0771 015 2805