Personal Health Budgets Continuing Healthcare Masterclass - 29th March & 5th April
All booking fees included.
Ticket sales have finished for this event.
**Please note this is a two day event taking place on the 29th March and 5th April, 09:30 - 16:00 each day. Delegates are required to attend both dates. These events are not available for individual attendance - a team of at least 3 and a maximum of 5 people from your organisation must register and attend**
We are pleased to confirm new dates for continuing healthcare (CHC) personal health budgets (PHB) masterclass programmes in Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Newcastle, Leeds and London.
This event is suitable for Commissioners, CHC service managers, nurse assessors and case managers, district nurses, social workers, GPs or any other health and care professionals involved in CHC or PHB delivery.
This intensive programme of support aims to provide CHC teams with the knowledge, tools, expertise and confidence to be able to scale up their PHB provision such that it becomes a mainstream operating model for NHS CHC. The programme will help to further develop critical thinking and decision-making on all aspects of PHBs, adding value to local PHB delivery, both within NHS CHC and more broadly to new areas in line with the expansion of PHBs to meet the 2020/21 government mandate ambitions.
The agenda will include:
- Delivering PHBs as part of CHC case management
- Balancing choice and risk
- Principles of decision-making
- Developing decision-making skills and building your solution bank
- Governance for PHBs
- Measuring outcomes
- Building local support to deliver PHBs
- Developing workforce competencies for PHBs through skills mapping
- How to deliver PHBs for Fast Track
We expect that all CCGs have an existing process in place to offer PHB, so there will not be a dedicated focus on designing an end to end PHB process. Neither will the focus be on tools for budget-setting or support planning.
While the masterclass events will be primarily focused on NHS CHC for adults, the content will be equally beneficial for those involved in delivering PHB for children and young people’s continuing care.
These regional masterclasses will take place over 2 days; all delegates are required to attend on both days in order to receive a certificate of attendance for CPD. A team of at least 3 people and a maximum of 5 from your organisation must attend, ideally including the service/operational manager for CHC, a finance manager and/or commissioner and persons delivering PHB in CHC.
This event is aimed at teams who have already either:
- Attended a PHB ‘Essentials’ event;
- Completed the "e-learning for Healthcare" PHB module;
- Completed a WebEx session covering the step by step process to setting up a PHB.
If you can answer the following questions, this programme is for you:
- What is a personal health budget (PHB)?
- What are the 3 ways a PHB can be managed?
- Who has the ‘Right to Have’ a PHB?
- Do you know the 6 steps to setting up a PHB?
- Have you worked in Continuing Healthcare for at least 6 months?
- Do you have a comprehensive understanding of the National Framework for CHC (2012) and the Guidance on the Direct Payment Regulations for Healthcare (2014).
Please note your place may be cancelled if you do not have a full team as described above. This is at the discretion of NHS England and dependent upon whether your colleagues have attended previously.
If you register for this event and are unable to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that the place can be released for someone else.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 0113 824 9398