Personalising Cancer Care with Genomic Medicine – Accelerated Design Event - Leeds
Ticket sales finished: 16 May 2018 12:00am
Genomics and personalisation of cancer care: 4 Regional Accelerated Learning Events to design the next steps for embedding Genomic Medicine into routine cancer care.
As we move to embed the findings from the world leading 100,000 Genome Project into mainstream cancer care later this year, NHS England and Genomics England in partnership with Macmillan and CR-UK would like to invite colleagues from the wider cancer community to join us at 4 regional events being held across the country this Spring.
These co-produced regional events will bring together patients, the wider cancer community and the 13 NHS Genomic Medicine Centres, who have been busy delivering the 100,000 Genome Project, to consider what further changes need to be put in place to fully embed Genomic Medicine into routine cancer care and to offer cancer patients a more personalised approach to their diagnosis and treatments.
During each event , we will seek to:
- Capture the learning from the 100,000 Genomics Project and spread across cancer teams.
- Create a picture of how many cancer patients in the region could benefit from Genomic Medicine and what it would take to achieve this.
- Reflect on transformational changes that have happened across cancer pathways to embed Genomic Medicine and collectively debate future changes that need to happen at pace in every organisation.
- Align the goals for Genomic Medicine with national goals for cancer care.
- Build connections, relationships and energy for change across each region.
These 4 regional meetings take the form of an Accelerated Design Event. This is a proven process for considering important issues quickly and effectively and making collaborative decisions. With the right people in the room, we envisage that within each regional workshop, we will get to a stage of analysis and action planning that would normally take three or four months using the usual meetings and consultation approach.
The event will be supported by Dr Helen Bevan, OBE, Chief Transformation Officer, NHS Horizons team who have facilitated Accelerated Design Events at local, national and international level. http://theedge.nhsiq.nhs.uk
The 4 Regional events are open to all patients, clinicians and key partners who are passionate about improving care in cancer.
Questions about this event?