Professional Nurse Advocates Restorative Clinical Supervision in Academia Webinar
The Professional Nurse Advocate (PNA) programme is a clinical and professional leadership program which equips nurses with the skills to deliver restorative clinical supervision and lead on quality improvement initiatives across England. The programme launched in March 2021, towards the end of the third wave of COVID-19. This was the start of a critical point of recovery: for patients, for services and for our workforce.
PNA training provides those on the programme with skills to facilitate restorative supervision to their colleagues and teams, in nursing and beyond. A version of this programme exists already for maternity colleagues, where outcomes point to improved staff wellbeing and retention, alongside improved patient outcomes. The training equips them to listen and to understand challenges and demands of fellow colleagues, and to lead support and deliver quality improvement initiatives in response. Some HEIs have now introduced PNAs and offer Restorative clinical supervision to pre-registration nursing students, to support mental health and wellbeing and reduce attrition.
This webinar focuses on restorative clinical supervision in academia and how PNAs are supporting students.
- Welcome and National Programme Overview - Professor Emma Wadey, Deputy Director Mental Health Nursing: NHS England
- Implementing Restorative Clinical Supervision in a Mental Health Nursing Programme - Jayne Hayes, Senior Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing and PNA: University of the West of England
- Restorative Clinical Supervision for Pre-Reg Learners - Hellen Abidoye, Clinical Practice Facilitator for Pre-reg Nurses and Tracey Coyne, Preceptorship/RCS and PNA Lead: London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
- Professional Nurse Advocates in Education - Felicity Bell, Senior Lecturer: Anglia Ruskin University
- Closing remarks - Professor Emma Wadey, Deputy Director Mental Health Nursing: NHS England
Questions about this event?
Name: PNA National Team