Recruitment and Selection
All booking fees included.
Ticket sales have finished for this event.
This two-day workshop aims to explain what needs to be in place for successful recruitment and selection. Participants will be shown how to analyse job requirements and develop an effective person specification, effectively shortlist candidates for interview and justify their selection and outline how to implement the use of person specifications for recruitment in their workplace.
In addition, participants will have the opportunity to plan a competency based interview (CBI) using a provided structure and write examples of competency based questions
They will be able to conduct a competency based interview, receive constructive feedback and identify individual development during the practical sessions, leading to the ability to structure and plan a CBI interview for a role they would recruit for in the workplace.
The workshop will describe how to assess candidate performance and make effective assessment decisions with an outline of the expert advice available from HR.
Finally, participants will be able to continue their learning by creating a specific and personal action plan for implementation in the workplace.
On completion of this workshop you will be able to:
- Practise the stages of the recruitment and selection process
- Apply recruitment and selection techniques which adhere to legal requirements.
- This is not explicitly covered in this workshop, but referred to in the pre-work workbook
- Analyse job requirements and develop effective person specifications
- Conduct a structured competency based interview
- Use effective questions to uncover required competencies
- Use the information from the interview to evaluate and select the best candidate for the position
- Create an action plan to implement the learning in the workplace.
DownloadsCourse Description Recruitment And Selection V10
Questions about this event?
Name: Lynda Weekes
Telephone: 077303 74807General FAQs