Social Prescribing Network Conference - South West
Ticket sales finished: 21 February 2019 12:00am
** This event is sold out and has a very large waiting list**
This is a free conference for anyone who wants to be involved in shaping the future of Social Prescribing.
Following a successful South West Regional Social Prescribing Network Conference held last year there has been a growing movement across the region to position social prescribing as a cornerstone for creating good health and wellbeing. This event will build on this work by bringing together people from health, local government and voluntary, community and social enterprise sectors to continue the conversation, explore the benefits of social prescribing and plan how to spread social prescribing. This is an exciting time for social prescribing. The Government’s Loneliness Strategy anticipates that there will be a link worker in very GP practice by 2023. We are also awaiting the vision paper for NHS Ten Year Plan.
Who should attend?
The event will be of interest to clinical commissioning groups, public health, voluntary and community organisations, local authorities, general practitioners, academics, community groups, community organisers and other key stakeholders.
Why should you attend?
The day will provide opportunities to learn about the latest national and local impact evidence, consider ways that we can mainstream social prescribing in a sustainable way, as well as hearing about NHS England’s work to help embed social prescribing into daily practice.
What will you gain from attending?
- You will be able to contribute to the development of the South West regional social prescribing network
- Share good practice and generate new ideas
- Hear about different methods of measuring impact and project evaluation
- Gather the latest national and regional evidence
- Identify steps needed to set up a social prescribing scheme, including the role of coordinators and operational issues.
- Understand how to commission and fund social prescribing projects in the context of diminishing financial resources
- And enjoy the social prescribing benefits of the Eden Project
If you register for this event and are unable to attend please email email@example.com as soon as possible so that the place can be released for someone else.
Please let us know on registration if you would like to join the South West Social Prescribing network. This will help us to communicate key information and provide updates on future developments. If you do not wish to be part of this mailing list please ensure that you un-click the checkbox.
Please let us know if you would like to share your details with other delegates.
For further information on the conference, please contact:
Tel: 0113 824 9398
Questions about this event?
Name: Phoebe Jones
Telephone:07730 379 982General FAQs