Midlands Social Prescribing Network Conference – Going Beyond Services
All booking fees included.
Standard Ticket Fully BookedFREE
This is a free conference for anyone who wants to be involved in shaping the future of Social Prescribing.
Following successful Midlands Social Prescribing Network Conferences held in 2017, and 2018, there has been a growing movement across the region to position social prescribing as a cornerstone for creating good health and wellbeing. This event will build on this work by bringing together people from health, local government and voluntary, community and social enterprise sectors to continue the conversation, explore the benefits of social prescribing and plan how to spread social prescribing. This is an exciting time for social prescribing. The Government’s Loneliness Strategy anticipates that there will be a link worker in very GP practice by 2023. We are also awaiting the vision paper for NHS Ten Year Plan.
Who should attend?
The event will be of interest to clinical commissioning groups, public health, voluntary and community organisations, local authorities, general practitioners, academics, community groups, community organisers and other key stakeholders.
Why should you attend?
The day will provide opportunities to learn about the latest national and local impact, the evidence, consider ways that we can mainstream social prescribing in a sustainable way, hear about NHS England’s work to help embed social prescribing into daily practice. A special theme of this event will be the recognition of the contribution that community makes to supporting and sustaining social prescribing.
What will you gain from attending?
- You will be able to hear from the national team about the future for social prescribing
- Be inspired about the value and contribution of community
- Participate in a range of interactive and engaging workshops covering practical aspects of starting a programme, hear about new ways of working across public health, adult social care and the voluntary sector, hear about innovative practice around the use of music in care, and be inspired by the input from the voluntary sector.
- Share good practice and generate new ideas through a range of open surgeries to network and have your questions answered in our UNCONFERENCE session
- Hear about different methods of measuring impact and project evaluation
- Gather the latest national updates on outcomes and quality assurance
- Learn about a community based social prescribing model from a rural perspective
- Hear about a new tool devised to measure social return on investment
- And network with other members of the network to support local developments
If you register for this event and are unable to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that the place can be released for someone else.
Please let us know on registration if you would like to join the Midlands Social Prescribing network. This will help us to communicate key information and provide updates on future developments. If you do not wish to be part of this mailing list please ensure that you un-click the checkbox.
Please let us know if you would like to share your details with other delegates.
For further information on the conference, please contact:
Tel: 0113 824 9398
Questions about this event?
Name: Phoebe Jones
Telephone: 07730 379 982General FAQs