South East Green Plan Celebration Event – Celebrating A Greener & Healthier South East!
For the first time ever, every Trust in the South East has a Net Zero Strategy (Green Plan) to tackle climate change.
The climate crisis is a health emergency. That's why the NHS became the first Health Service in the world to commit to reaching Net Zero; by 2040 for the emissions it controls directly and by 2045 for the emissions it influences.
The South East Greener NHS Programme team is running a free online half-day event on 5th July showcasing our Green Plans in the South East of England.
You'll hear about the fantastic work being done across our region to improve patient care and community wellbeing whilst tackling climate change and sustainability issues. Learn from case studies and innovations covering a wide range of Greener NHS areas for you to take forward in your own professions & organisations.
All are welcome to attend, whether you work within sustainability in the NHS or would simply like to learn more about how the NHS is tackling climate change.
Speakers and organisations already confirmed include:
- Dr Nick Watts - Chief Sustainability Officer NHS England & Improvement
- Dr Vaughan Lewis - Regional Medical Director, Higher Level Responsible Officer & Chief Clinical Officer, NHS England & Improvement
- Dr Aarti Bansal - General Practitioner & Co-Founder of Greener Practice
- Dr Matt Inada-Kim - National Clinical Director, Infection, AMR & Deterioration, NHS England & Improvement
- Dr Richard Hixson - Consultant in Critical Care & Co-founder of Healthcare Ocean
- Simon Rollason - South East Greener NHS Programme Lead
- South East England Trust & Integrated Care System Leads
This online session will take place 5th July 10:00-13:15 & is open to all NHS & partner organisation staff across the South East & beyond.
To register for this event please contact:
Registration will close 5pm 3rd July.
A joining link will be sent to attendees shortly before the event.
Questions about this event?
Name: SE Greener NHS Programme Team