South East Regional Social Prescribing Conference
All booking fees included.
Ticket sales have finished for this event.
This is a free conference for anyone who is or wishes to become involved in shaping the future of Social Prescribing.
Following the successful South East Regional Social Prescribing Network Conference held last November there has been a growing movement to develop social prescribing in the South East to position social prescribing as a cornerstone for creating good health and wellbeing.
This event will build on the work over the last year by bringing together people from health, local government and voluntary sectors to continue the conversation, exploring the benefits of social prescribing.
Who should attend?
The event will be of interest to clinical commissioning groups, public health, voluntary organisations, local authorities and general practitioners to consider approaches to develop social prescribing and how it can be embedded across the health and wellbeing system.
Why should you attend?
This event will be participative and workshops will help to build the case for social prescribing. The day will provide opportunities to learn about the latest national and local evidence of impact, consider the spectrum of models available; the event will also enable participants to develop thinking about how we can mainstream social prescribing in a sustainable way.
What will you gain from attending?
- Enhanced understanding and knowledge of what social prescribing is, different models of social prescribing and how they work.
- Participants will be able to contribute to the South East Regional Social Prescribing Network in developing social prescribing through sharing good practice and generating new ideas.
- Hear about different methods of measuring impact and project evaluation
- Learn and share the latest national and regional evidence
- Identify steps needed to set up a social prescribing programme including the role of coordinators and operational issues.
- Understanding of how to commission and fund social prescribing projects in the context of diminishing financial resources
Establish our approach to setting up a regional social prescribing network in the south east.
There will be two opportunites to attend workshops at this event.
Workshop 1 choice:
- Developing SP strategies that are fit for the future - are we commissioning intelligently? How do we best enable social prescribing to flourish in a tough economic climate? How do we build in sustainability? How do we envisage moving from pilots to scale?
- Influencing allies and decision makers - how do we win over the waverers? What resources and networks can we mobilise?
- Implementing what works - what are practicalities of implementing social prescription schemes (e.g. referral arrangements, who is included/excluded?)
Workshop 2 choice:
Empowering local communities - how can we build momentum in SP as a social movement? How best to harness the skills and energies of those who are already benefitting from SP?
Defining the link worker role - what models of link worker role are being deployed? Do these need to change over time?
Illuminating the impact we are having - what are we measuring/evaluating? What needs to happen to enhance impact? What are we learning from evaluations so far?
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 0113 824 9398