Statistics Training LEEDS
All booking fees included.
Ticket sales have finished for this event.
*This course is only available to Analytical employees of NHS England and NHS Improvement*
- 9-9:30 Coffee / Registration
- 9:30-12:45 Morning session (with coffee break)
- 12:45-13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 – 16:30 (Afternoon Session (with coffee break)
- 16:30 – 17:00 Opportunity for people to ask questions etc after session
By the end of the session participants will be able to
- Understand different types of data and why identifying how data is collected is important
- Pick the correct measures of central tendency and dispersion for the data type
- Pick the correct statistical test for the data type, and calculate this using a simple excel spreadsheet
- Understand different distributions and how many of the approximate a normal distribution for larger numbers
- Understand the difference between standard deviation and standard error, and be able to calculate to create confidence limits
- Understand confidence limits and p-values and what each are saying
- Present data with confidence limits in funnel plots
- Understand when case mix needs to be taken into account, and pick the right method to standardise data
- Understand how data is related, and the concept of correlation.
The course is being held at: Quarry House, Quarry Hill, Leeds, LS2 7UE
You will need to bring your own laptop.
Courses start at 9:30 am and finish at 5:00 pm.
If the course is full and you would like to be added to the waiting list of this course or would like to attend a similar course in the future but cannot make this date please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about this event?
Name: Clare Walsha
Telephone: 07834 148 281General FAQs