System Dynamics learning event for Demand and Capacity modelling
System Dynamics learning event: Sharing good practice examples and the discussing how to apply system modelling in health and social care
Are you interested in hearing how Integrated Care Systems (ICSs) have used system modelling to tackle complex issues in health and social care? The national Demand and Capacity team is hosting a day long virtual event to explore good practice in System Dynamics modelling and provide a space to facilitate discussion about how we can apply these techniques in the health and social care. Please note that these webinars are for staff working in NHS, social care and government staff working in the public sector.
The event will be chaired by CEO of NHS Elect, Caroline Dove, and as part of this learning day we will have the following sessions which you can pick and choose from to attend and will be running from 10.00am to 4.30pm, with timings to be confirmed:
- Getting started in System Dynamics (SD): a framework for ICSs with Vanessa Perez Perez, Demand and Capacity Technical Lead for System Dynamics Modelling at NHS England with SD practitioners Peter Lacey and Mark Gregson
- Using SD for Urgent and Emergency care with SD practitioner Siôn Cave
- Applying SD to domiciliary care in the West Midlands with Stacey Croft, Analytics Manager at the Strategy Unit and SD practitioner Douglas McKelvie
- SD modelling at East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) with Dr. Hugo Herrera, Head of Analytics at ESNEFT
- ‘Right sizing’ community services with Jennifer Morgan, Operational Research and Modelling Development Manager at NHS Wales
- Exploring open-source software for SD modelling with David Whiting, Deputy Director of Public Health at Medway Council and Matthew Stammers, Consultant Gastroenterologist & Data Scientist at University Hospital Southampton NHS FT
- An SD Learning tool for ICS leaders with Scarlett Kynoch, Demand and Capacity team at NHS England
- The need for an SD community of practice with the Demand and Capacity team at NHS England
Virtual joining instructions will be sent to you in advance of the webinar to your registration email. If you have any queries please contact the Demand and Capacity team on our email address at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to attend these webinars, the recordings will be uploaded to the Demand and Capacity Network FutureNHS space here: Demand and Capacity Network - FutureNHS Collaboration Platform
Questions about this event?
Name: Demand and Capacity team