The Greater Manchester Clinical Frailty Charter and Network Conference ¦ Engagement and Workshop
All booking fees included.
Ticket sales have finished for this event.
The Greater Manchester Clinical Frailty Charter has been developed by the Greater Manchester Frailty Collaborative and incorporates proposed standards for clinical frailty. The Charter articulates a vision for best practice in Greater Manchester focussing on the identification and assessment of clinical frailty, care planning and interventions. The draft Charter document is available here. This free-to-attend one day event will explore:
- The importance of a Charter and Standards in improving services and reducing variation in Greater Manchester.
- The contribution of clinical frailty standards in to wider Greater Manchester social and policy objectives.
- The national perspective on improving services for people living with clinical frailty.
- The evidence base for clinical frailty interventions.
- How we will develop the Greater Manchester Clinical Frailty Network.
Stakeholders – this event will be of specific interest to:
- Clinicians in primary, community, acute and emergency care
- Commissioners of clinical frailty services
- People living with frailty and their family and carers
- Local Care Organisations (LCOs)
- Service improvement teams
- Those involved in clinical frailty research
- Population health teams
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Jackie Bene OBE, Chief Executive Officer, Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- Jon Rouse CBE, Chief Officer, Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership
- Professor Martin J Vernon, National Clinical Director - Older People and Integrated Care, NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Dr Saif Ahmed, GP and Neighbour Lead, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Sally Briggs, Divisional Medical Director, Unscheduled Care and Consultant Geriatrician, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (Wythenshawe Hospital)
- Professor Chris Todd, Professor of Primary Care and Community Health, University of Manchester , Director, NIHR Older People and Frailty Policy Research Unit
- Sarah Newsam, GMHSCP and Strategy for Change
- Ewan Jones, Programme Manager, Greater Manchester and Eastern Cheshire Strategic Clinical Networks, Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership
- Dai Roberts, Programme Development Lead, Health Innovation Manchester
- Dr Peter Elton, Clinical Director, Greater Manchester and Eastern Cheshire Strategic Clinical Networks, Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership
Limited parking is available onsite on a first come first served basis however costs to be covered by individuals would be the region of £20 per 24hrs.
Alternative parking can be found close by around Fairfield Street and/or Store Street.