Towards a unified vision of nursing & midwifery documentation: guidance launch
Ticket sales finished: 2 October 2023 3:00pm
Up to 25% of the nurses time is spent on documentation, first though keeping record of care, and then through accessing information.
Therefore it's vital that nursing and midwifery practice is supported by good documentation to support decision making and care.
In September 2023 the Digital Nursing team at NHS England published the guidance Towards a unified vision of nursing and midwifery documentation outlining principles to set a national approach towards standardising nursing documentation, allowing patients to be placed at the heart of care, and supporting the use of technology to streamline documentation processes.
In this webinar you'll hear from speakers who were closely involved in the development of this guidance, to help you explore the fundamentals of good nursing and midwifery documentation.
The webinar will also cover:
- Understand why nursing documentation standardisation is needed,
- how to assess the nursing and midwifery documentation in your own organisation or Integrated Care System (ICS),
- tackling the key issues that emerge around patient centred care, safety and assessment tools,
- why this work is important, and why nurses and midwives should lead this change,
- next steps to support adoption and development of a nursing documentation standard.
- Helen Balsdon: Acting Chief Nursing Information Officer
- Dawn Dowding – Professor of Clinical Decision Making, Directorate Lead for Adult Nursing/Healthcare T&R, Lead for Digital Health Theme, NIHR ARC GM
- Jane Murkin – Deputy Director of Safety and Improvement
- Jules Gudgeon – Digital Maternity Lead
Who the session is for:
The launch webinar is aimed at executive/senior nurses and midwives, digital nurses, and other decision makers involved in providing a unified approach to documentation, working in hospitals, community and nursing homes.
We also welcome attendees from anyone who is interested to learn more about the guidance and the work to standardise nursing documentation.
Important information booking and receiving joining link:
Please note by registering you will receive a placeholder to secure the time in your diary. A final event invite will be issued to all registered attendees up to 24 hours before the event with the joining link for the webinar.
Questions about this event?
Name: James Lane