Workforce Disability Equality Standard Regional Engagement - London
All booking fees included.
Ticket sales have finished for this event.
What is the Workforce Disability Equality Standard?
The Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES) will provide a self-assessment framework for NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts in relation to the employment of disabled people. A set of metrics are being developed that will assist NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts to better understand the specific challenges they face in ensuring disabled staff are treated equally and are supported to fulfil their full potential. The WDES is designed to help to address inequalities related to disability in employment. It also seeks to advance disability equality in employment.
The purpose of the engagement event
NHS England is holding a series of regional engagement events which will provide participants with information about the WDES. Participants will be consulted on the proposals for the WDES Metrics and the indicative timetable for the publication of the WDES. Specifically, feedback will be sought on:
- the benefits and how to address any challenges;
- the NHS Staff Survey’s wording in relation to disability;
- the time required to respond to the new metrics;
- key evidence for what is called the ‘burden assessment process’, particularly the time required to respond to the new metrics and any data protection or confidentiality issues raised by the proposed metrics;
- the proposed reporting cycle for 2018/19 and onwards (from August 2019 and subsequent years).
The event is an opportunity to provide feedback on the WDES and draft metrics and how they can be implemented. It will also provide an opportunity to meet colleagues from across the NHS, strengthen networks and hear about best practice in relation to workforce disability equality.
This is one of six events that are being held in regional locations in March. Please select one of the alternative events in Bristol, Newcastle, Cambridge,Birmingham and Leeds if the locations and dates are more convenient for you.
The event is aimed at NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts and a range of other agencies. From NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts, we particularly welcome those with a lead responsibility for workforce disability equality, including:
- HR, Organisational Development or Workforce Leads;
- Board members, Non-Executive Directors and VSM (very senior staff members);
- members of Disabled Staff Networks and Equality Networks;
- members of Disabled Trade Union Networks;
- Equality and Diversity Leads.
From other partners, we particularly welcome:
- members of Arms Length Bodies (ALBs);
- Equality or workforce leads from NHS National Trade Unions;
- members of the NHS Equality Diversity Council (EDC).
Booking and registration
Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
Registration and refreshments from 9.30am. Please arrive on time, for a prompt start at 10:00am.
The NHS’s booking system works best in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers. If you use Internet Explorer you may experience issues confirming your place. If you are unable to use a different web browser, please contact england.WDES@nhs.net for assistance.
We have tried to ensure that all our venues are accessible and easy to find. London will have live captioning, a hearing loop and BSL interpretation. If you would like any other reasonable adjustment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least five working days before the event. If we do not receive advance notification, we may not be able to meet your requirements. You will receive an e-mail confirming any agreed reasonable adjustments or other key requirements. Please e-mail us no less than 3 days before the event if you have not received confirmation that your needs can be met.
During the course of this event we will be serving, tea, coffee, biscuits, fruit and a buffet lunch.
If you have any allergies and or specific dietary requirements, please contact the EHI team at email@example.com, please ensure that you give at least five days notice before the event.
Travelling to the venue
Rail & Underground
- Take the DLR to Bank Station, change onto the Northern Line and take the Euston Underground Station;
- Leave Euston Mainline Station by the side exit next to the ticket office. Walk towards Euston Street and the The Wesley is located on this street.
The closest docking bay at the station is located just 100 metres from the hotel at Melton Street.