Personal wheelchair budget masterclasses
Personal wheelchair budget masterclasses are an essential part of the development of a local Personal Wheelchair Budget offer. The masterclass provides an interactive opportunity for health, education and social care commissioners and practitioners with responsibility for services to support adults, children and young people with physical disabilities to come together to identify how the benefits (personal and system) of Personal Wheelchair budgets can be realised.
In May 2016, Simon Stevens announced that NHS England would be developing a personal health budgets model for the provision of wheelchairs. This work is being led by NHS England’s Personal Health Budget Team, as part of plans for the wider expansion of personal health budgets nationally.
Since April 2017, all clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) in England have been expected to start developing local personal wheelchair budget offers to replace the current wheelchair voucher system.
Who is this event for?
This event is suitable for health, education and social care commissioners and providers with responsibility for services that support adults, children and young people with physical disabilities.
Colleagues should attend the masterclass in teams that represent the local STP footprint. Local teams should include commissioners, providers, people with lived experience, service user organisations VCSE representatives so as to provide the best opportunity for making progress after the event.
Providers are discouraged from attending this event on their own and should attend as part of a team with their local CCG.
Individuals have to register independently but you can register on behalf of colleagues by selecting additional tickets and entering the relevant information for those attending.
Objectives of the day
Masterclass delegates will:
- Understand where PWBs fit within the national context of personalised care and integration and the associated policy drivers to support personalisation across health and social care.
- Recognise the potential benefits for wider system working to support personalisation driving person-level integration.
- Understand how PWBs support the aims of the wider wheelchair improvement programme and what is being put in place to support effective commissioning of wheelchair services.
- Become familiar with the Personal wheelchair budgets operating model, the self-assessment and other implementation tools.
- Have benefitted from the learning and experiences of 11 PWB champion sites through their presentations and case studies.
To register to attend a masterclass please follow the relevant link:
- Birmingham – 16 January
- Bristol – 18 January
- London – 25 January
- Leeds – 6 February
- Manchester – 8 February
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 0113 824 9398