The NHS App: Records access and safeguarding
Please select the date of the webinar you would like to take part in to book your ticket.
(please note: once you have booked a place for the event, Webinar details will be sent approximately 24 Hours before live Webinar begins)
The new NHS App provides a simple and secure way for patients to access a range of NHS services on their smartphone or device.
It is being rolled out across all GP surgeries and is due to be fully enabled for all patients by July 2019.
A series of webinars (online presentations with live discussions) are available to help you, your practice and CCGs with everything you need to know to implement the NHS App, and provide a good experience for your patients.
The webinars are free to attend for staff working in the NHS, primary care and GP practices. Local authority staff can attend if appropriate. You may attend multiple webinars. Written guidance and video resources are also available to support you in implementing the NHS App: Select here for NHS App Guidance and Resources
At this webinar you will hear about:
- The benefits of record access for patients and practices
- Efficient approaches to reviewing records
- Factors to consider when offering record access and safeguarding vulnerable adults
- NHS login process for patients not already registered for online services
- How to to disable access to services for vulnerable patients
- Contractual obligations and upcoming free-text access
Audience: Practice teams and clinical leads, local safeguarding leads
Delivered by: The NHS App Implementation Team with clinical leads