Webinar - Getting your GP surgery ready for connection to the NHS App
Please click on your preferred date to book your place:
(please note: once you have booked a place for the event, Webinar details will be sent approximately 24 Hours before live Webinar begins)
The new NHS App provides a simple and secure way for patients to access a range of NHS services on their smartphone or device.
It is being rolled out across all GP surgeries and is due to be fully enabled for all patients by July 2019.
A series of webinars (online presentations with live discussions) are available to help you, your practice and CCGs with everything you need to know to implement the NHS App, and provide a good experience for your patients.
The webinars are free to attend for staff working in the NHS, primary care and GP practices. Local authority staff can attend if appropriate. You may attend multiple webinars. Written guidance and video resources are also available to support you in implementing the NHS App: Select here for NHS App Guidance and Resources
At this webinar you will get an overview of:
- What GP surgeries need to do to prepare for the NHS App
- Feedback from the 34 NHS App test sites
- Consequences for your practice of doing nothing
- Setting up a ‘test patient’ and viewing the app from a patient perspective
- What factors your practice needs to consider:
- Briefing your staff
- Ensuring a minimum of 25% of all appointments are available online (as per GP contract commitment)
- Online appointment types and naming of these
- Appointment approaches for nursing and other non-GP appointments
- Appointment approaches for care navigation
- Further support available
Audience: GP Practices - specifically practice managers, lead GP partners, operational managers and lead receptionists
Delivered by: NHS App Implementation Team